Bruins, presented by the DBA-Bears program is our new youth mountain bike development program, aimed at youth aged 12-17, this program takes graduates (or first time Bears Program riders with advanced skills) and teaches more advanced skills, developing participants to allow them to ride almost any terrain imaginable. Youth taking this program can expect to learn advanced techniques allowing them to conquer even the gnarliest trails! Although it is not a race-specific program, their is support available through the program for those wishing to explore the mountain bike racing world through the Trailblazers Series as well as other races.
The Bears Program is Now open for registration!
The DBA-Bears program is aimed at youth from ages 7-17. Riders will be split by skill levels, and placed into either the Cubs or the Bruins group. Cubs and Bruins will be further split up into smaller groups of similar skill levels to insure your child gets the best possible experience and has the best opportunity to develop their skills as a rider.
Don't forget, we ALWAYS honor friend requests - just make sure to fill out the 'Friend Request' area on the registration form and we will make sure your child gets to ride with their friends.
The DBA-Bears Bruins program is a weekly youth mountain bike program developed by professional cycling coaches. Through various drills, teaching techniques, and of course trail rides, we provide participants with the techniques and skills required to ride anywhere, and feel confident doing it!
Although the Bruins Program is not a racing program, there is support for those wishing to focus on the racing aspects of cycling. Our coaches have numerous years of racing experience behind them and will insure that those interested in racing will have the support required to pursue it.
The DBA-Bears BRUINS program takes place on Tuesday's from 6:30-8 pm, but begins 2015 with an orientation, bike check and skills evaluation on Saturday April 19th, concluding on June 30th.
The DBA-Bears Cubs program is located out of Devon, Alberta. Please see a preliminary schedule of locations for each session below.
How do you register? Online at Zone4.ca!
Don't forget, all registrants for 2015 get a FREE youth cycling jersey.
Registration closes on April 15th. We fully expect this program to sell out, so register today!
Why register your child in the DBA-Bears program?
- Structured teaching curriculum designed by professional cycling coaches
- Low student/instructor ratio means participants get personalized feedback all the time, allowing them to progress their skills quickly
- We stress life-long love of the sport, and encourage our programs participants to develop life-long habits of staying fit and active while enjoying the outdoors
- Developing the skills and technique to give participants confidence to ride their mountain bike on even the gnarliest, technical trails.
- Did we mention the free cycling jersey? Not a t-shirt. Not a tech-T, but a real-deal Cycling Jersey!