Cubs, presented by the DBA-Bears, is our original DBA-Bears program, aimed at youth aged 7-12, this program is based on the wildly successful Sprockids program. Youth taking this program can expect to gain the confidence to ride singletrack trails and start progressing their riding abilities so they can safely get out in the woods and have a fun time on a bike!
The 2015 Bears Program is Open for registration!
The DBA-Bears program is aimed at youth from ages 7-17. Riders will be split by skill levels, and placed into either the Cubs or the Bruins group. Cubs and Bruins will be further split up into smaller groups of similar skill levels to insure your child gets the best possible experience and has the best opportunity to develop their skills as a rider.
Don't forget, we ALWAYS honor friend requests - just make sure to fill out the 'Friend Request' area on the registration form and we will make sure your child gets to ride with their friends.
The DBA-Bears Cubs program is a weekly youth mountain bike program developed by professional cycling coaches. Through various drills, teaching techniques, and of course trail rides, we provide your child with the instruction and tips to become a safer, more skilled mountain bike rider.
The DBA-Bears Cubs program takes place on Tuesday's from 6:30-8 pm, but begins 2015 with an orientation, bike check and skills evaluation on Saturday April 19th, concluding on June 30th.
The DBA-Bears Cubs program is located out of Devon, Alberta.
How do you register? Online at Zone4.ca! Cost is $165.
Don't forget, all registrants for 2015 get a FREE youth cycling jersey.
Registration closes on April 15th. We fully expect this program to sell out, so register today!
Why register your child in the DBA-Bears program?
- Structured teaching curriculum designed by professional cycling coaches
- Low student/instructor ratio means your child will get the feedback and instruction they need
- We teach your child how to ride safely in a variety of off-road trails
- Exposes your child to fun times in the outdoors with other like-minded active children
- We stress life-long love of the sport, and encourage our programs participants to develop life-long habits of staying fit and active while enjoying the outdoors
- Whether your child is looking to just have some good times on the bike, or just continue to progress their riding skills further, graduates from the Cubs riding program can take the Bruins cycling program - a more advanced program aimed at youth roughly 12-17 years of age.
- Did we mention the free cycling jersey? Not a t-shirt. Not a tech-T, but a real-deal Cycling Jersey!
If you have any questions regarding the program, please don't hesitate vist the Devon Bicycle Association Website!