The GRIZZLIES Track Attack Program
The GRIZZLIES Track Attack Program is for skiers 10+ years of age. It is the next step after the Black Bear & Polar Bear Program. Children focus on advancing their skills in classic and skate skiing (Learn-to-Train LTAD equivalent). However, the primary focus for Track Attack is FUN. There are 3 days of scheduled practice for kids to choose from. The objective is for the participants to become technically competent cross-country skiers (skating and classic) and to utilize those skills to explore a wide range of cross-country ski activities, from backcountry excursions to ski tournaments and nordic and biathlon races.
Goals of the GRIZZLIES
- Have FUN.
- Provide children an opportunity to be part of a sports “team.”
- Develop overall sport skills.
- Expose children to a variety of “adventure-based” cross-country ski activities.
- Expose children to racing
- Develop linear, lateral and multi directional speed. Develop a team/social atmosphere.
- Introduce competition in a team environment whenever possible.
- ncourage inter-club social, skill and fitness orientated ski activities e.g. camps
Skills GRIZZLIES LEARN
The Program provides veteran Jackrabbits with an opportunity to further develop their cross country skiing abilities beyond the 5 Levels in the regular Jackrabbits program. The Track Attack program can also help those with a competitive spirit that may want to experiment with intermediate competition. The program can help to bridge the gap between Jackrabbits and Junior Racing and Development.
- Improve technique and skills
- Improve physical condition
- Introduction to competitive skiing
- Development of agility, quickness, and directional change
- Additional shooting development
- Recreational informal team-based racing