Cross Country Skiing & Sport background:
Kevin has had a passion for sports and recreation for as long as he can remember. He grew up right here in Devon playing a variety of sports throughout his childhood., but found greatest joys in hockey and swimming. In his University years, he began playing rugby for the Clansmen RFC and University RFC. Most recently, Kevin has become an avid trail runner, snowshoe racer and xc-skier.
HIGHLIGHTS & COACHING EXPERIENCE:
- Sports Medicine and Wellness Teacher
- NCCP ICC Cross Country Skiing Coach
- NCCP Level 3 Rugby Coach (competitive)
- NCCP ICC Volleyball Coach
- Alberta Medical association Run Coach
- Coached a variety of sport throughout his teaching career
Coaching Devon Nordic Bears:
Kevin and his family are relatively new to Nordic skiing, but they see it as a natural extension to the other activities they already participate in such as trail running, snowshoeing, hiking, and biking. Kevin feels one of the greatest strengths of the Nordic skiing and BEARS Adventure program is the relaxed family atmosphere. he enjoys seeing the kids learn to view winter as an exciting opportunity for different activities and adventures.