Cross Country Skiing & Sport background:
Jeff has been an elite level athlete in a variety of sports, early on he competed in Nordic skiing competing at a provincial and national level. Following that Jeff competed as an elite level speed skater, and cyclist (road and track) for the last 15 years.
- .Cycling: Top ranked cycling track sprinter in Canada (2009)
- Cycling: Several medals at the track cycling National Championships
- Cycling: Elite Provincial Sprint Champion in Alberta 5 consecutive years (2008-2012).
- Speedskating: North American Marathon Champion (2005
- Speedskating: 4 World Masters records (2007).
Outside of competition Jeff has been the organizer of the capital region track league which focuses on the development of new racers. He has also been working as a coach for the BEARS ski program, the Sprockids mountain bike program for kids aged (8-11) and as the elite track coach for Juventus Cycling, through the track program the Juventus riders took home 8 Provincial titles and 9 National Championships in 2012 and 2013, with many racers going on to compete successfully internationally
Coaching Devon Nordic Bears:
Jeff chose to coach with the BEARS ski team after a shocking defeat at Rock-Paper-Scissors with Tim. Jeff naively played Laser Cannon, but Tim simply covered it with a nuclear double laser cannon, and as we all know, that is tough to beat. Through doing this Jeff has been able to have an opportunity to enjoy the adventure of the BEARS programs and to practice every week and have a lot of fun on skis.