Cross Country Skiing & Sport background:
Started skiing at 2 yrs. old on little red painted wooden skis. (waxable, I might point out!) I started racing by 4 years old, and First Canadian Nationals was 13 years old.
- Competed in 5 Canadian National Ski championships
- Two gold medals at Canadian National Ski championships
- Two fourth place finishes at Canadian National Ski championships at 13 years old
- Trained full time at Prince George X-C Training Centre with BC Ski Team
- Bachelor of Physical Education U of A
- Level 3 National Coaching Certification
- Level 1 and 2 NCCP Facilitator
- Full time Regional Coach for Cross country BC for 2 years – coaching athletes full time; leading and co-coaching camps to Haig Glacier, Smithers Hudson Bay Glacier, Vernon On-Snow Camps, Dryland Camps, Fitness Testing,
- AFLCA certified
Coaching Devon Nordic Bears:
Why Ski with BEARS? Amazing community of fellow enthusiasts. It is a low impact high calorie burning outdoor sport for the winter. There is no cost to use the ski trails. There is adventure using headlamps to ski at night. For kids the best way to get them out of the house in the winter doing a healthy sport that is low expense, skilled coaches, and superb program including exposure to racing, fun-days, group and independent sport experience.