CROSS COUNTRY SKIING & SPORT BACKGROUND:
Tim began XC skiing at the age of 6, via lots of mountain trips with his family. In his early teens Tim moved to Europe to pursue motorsports career, which lasted for about 7 years, and downhill ski raced and coached in the winter, eventually becoming head coach of the Sunridge Nancy Greene Racing Program. Tim joined the Devon Nordic’s Jackrabbit program and began coaching when his kids joined.
Highlights & Coaching Experience:
- Devon Nordic Ski Coach 6 years
- Certified CCA Level L2T Nordic ski coach
- Certified NCCP Level 2 Downhill Ski coach, and Level 2 ski instructor
- Certified NCCP Level 1 Cycling coach
- Co-Organizer of Devon Grand Prix of Cycling Stage Race
- Co-Organizer of Canadian National Cycling championships
- Creator of new “BEARS” Ski program in 2008 (evolution of original program)
- Organizer of the first DBA BEARS Mountain biking program in 2011
Coaching Devon Nordic Bears:
Tim's family chose Nordic skiing because they can do it all as a family, on the same day, in the same place, and right in our own back yard! They also really wanted a sport that they could use for the rest of their lives.